Brand name:

AltaCima 4.090

Blend Composition:

100% Syrah

Appellation:

Lontue Valley

Harvest period or Harvest date:

Towards the end of april

Laboratory analysis:

 

Alcohol: 

 14,5%

Residual Sugar:

 2,34

Total Acidity:

 4,9 gr/lt. (as Tartaric acid)

pH:

3,71

Winemaking process:

 

Fermentation:

In stainless steel tanks.  Two days of cold pre-fermentation maceration at 7º to 8º C; 8 days of alcoholic fermentation with temperatures between 24º and 28º C, lowering towards the end of the process. 10 days of post-fermentation maceration at 20 ºC.
Total skin/wine contact time: 20 days.

Ageing process:

30% of the wine is aged in French oak barrels (one to three years old). The remaining 70% of wine is aged in stainless steel tanks.
The  malolactic fermentation  is spontaneously realized  during its ageing.

Filtration Procedure:

It is an unfiltered wine and may present some natural sediment.

Tasting notes

The Syrah 4.090 harvests 2008 has a deep and attractive red color with violet shades. Its fragrance is very expressive and fruity with aromas that hint at blackberries and cherries in harmony along with sweet spices and some toasted notes.
 The mouth is awarded with a rich structure; ripe and sweet tannins in suitable balance with its fruity flavours and its meat notes, filling the palate with a burst of flavour and leaving a pleasant ending.

Date of bottling:

  2010  (batch production)

Ideal consumption period:

2010 - 2018

Ideal temperature for consumption:

18 to 19ºC

Food pairing:

It’s great with all kinds of meat, especially game and lamb.